This is My First Post, But Not My Only Post (sung to the tune of "Fight Song")


Hello friends,

While I have been working from home since last May, the last week has been a stressful and weird time to be working from home! Usually, I can go two or three days of not leaving my house and be fine. I would eat breakfast, make myself lunch, and also dinner (with an occasional take out if I felt like treating myself). The only time I would leave my house was to do the occasional errand, go to the YMCA to swim with the senior citizens in my neighborhood, and see a friend or two.

In the age of ~social distancing~ the only friend I have seen is Brian and, because we don't live together, not even that often! (Don't worry--he bikes to my apartment.)

Anyway, while people are saying "THIS IS THE TIME TO BE PRODUCTIVE! WRITE THAT NOVEL! KING LEAR!" my first reaction is, "What if I just watched re-runs of Vanderpump Rules and stare at the wall?" and sometimes "What if I just start writing letters to friends and stare out the window like an old-timey war bride?"

While I will be doing both of these things, I have also had the sudden urge to....blog.

My brain on Twitter isn't wired for long, sometimes earnest things, and my wrists feel bad writing up soliloquies on food on my phone, so voila, I have fired up the old Blogspot.

Opening up Blogspot in the year 2020 is strange because all of the old blogs I used to contribute/have started are still tied to my Gmail account. But, I am excited to start this new endeavor with you all--we are in a time when we are all going through the same strange thing and cannot be with each other physically. I can't wait to share recipes, stories of the inside (and occasionally outside), and anything else you may think about for this blog.

Elbow bumps and tiny bows in the meantime,
Vivian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A TRUE pantry lunch: Chickpea lemon-y Pasta

The Pan Pizza Everyone is Making

Never Waste Your Stale Tortillas — Make Migas